One of my favorite ways to use this fruit is in a blender for smoothies or baked in the oven and then chilled to make jam, OR I pair with So Delicious Coconut yogurt…..make sure you reach for the unsweetened as it has lower sugars than flavored yogurts. Below are more properties of blackberries.
- Blackberries are a member of the rose family and there are several varieties available.
- Blackberries are in season from June to late August.
- A 3 ½ oz. serving of blackberries contains 43 calories.
- Blackberries are an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C as well as phytochemicals which may help prevent cancer.
- Blackberries can be consumed raw or used in jams, jellies, smoothies or desserts.
- Blackberries are highly perishable and should be consumed within a few days of harvest or purchase.